Tuesday, February 26, 2013

In the mood for lace & pearls again

Rummaging through my fabric stash, I found some grey polyester fabric and lace (actually extra scapes cut from my Ikea lace curtains!). They were just perfect for making this sweet-looking detachable lace collar. With a ribbon to tie at the front, the collar will add a little Jane Eyre whimsicality to any boat-necked blouse or tee.

The collar was machine-sewn with the piece of lace sandwiched between two identical pieces of grey fabric, leaving a small gap to turn it inside out and then stiched flat. The pink faux pearls were hand-stiched to the edges, a painstaking job that took me more than 2 hours.

And then, diving into a completely different style, I also made another cutsey collar with my favourite Hello Kitty fabric. Doesn't she look absolutely KAWAII~~~~ with tanned skin and dressed like a Hawaiian hula-hula girl?



No comments: